Frequently Asked Questions
What types of pimples do Derma Patch work the best with?
- Derma Patch works the best with whiteheads and pustules. Since the pus and oil have been brought up closest to the skin surface, the patches can effectively absorb the fluid in as fast as 6 hours. Instead of popping your pimples, please use the patches to minimize scarring, hyperpigmentation, skin infection, and inflammation. The patches will help keep the skin surface flat and away from dirt and air pollutants. The patches work for all skin types and can be used on other parts of the body such as back, arms, and legs.
*For those that love to pop your pimples or pick your skin. Please be sure to clean and dry the infected area after popping, and put on Derma Patch since it will still help minimize inflammation, hyperpigmentation and prevent further damage. However, we highly recommend to not pop the pimples or pick at your skin without proper tools.
Does Derma Patch work with Blackheads?
- Most blackheads are deep and some are hard in texture. You will need to extract them with blackhead strips and/or blackheads extraction tools first. Once, the extraction is completed you can wash your face, pat dry, and put on Derma Patch to keep your skin clean. The patches will absorb any excess oil, pus, and fluids while helping your skin to be less inflamed.
Does Derma Patch work with Cystic Acne?
- Cystic acnes are deep in your skin and are very hard to come out on their own. These painful acne will need to be extracted by a lancet or other extraction tools first. We highly recommend you to get an extraction done by a professional. Once the extraction is completed, you can wash your face, pat dry, and put on Derma Patch to keep your skin clean. The patches will absorb any excess oil, pus, and fluids while helping your skin to be less inflamed.
How long should I wear the patches?
- Patches should be worn for a minimum of 6 hours and maximum of 12 hours per patch for best results. You can remove and discard the patches once they turn opaque after 6 hours since pus and oil have been absorbed. The daytime patches are ultra-thin in size, you can wear them to work or go swimming with them. The nighttime patches are also ultra-thin but offer a little extra absorbency overnight.
Can I wear the patches to the pool?
- Yes, since the patches are waterproof, they can be worn while swimming or bathing. When applying the patch, make sure the skin is clean and dry then press and hold the patch for 5 seconds. Patches should also be worn at least 10 minutes before being exposed to water to ensure good bond with the skin.